- water – 2 Cups
- Red Lentils (Toor Dal) – 1/2 Cup
- Garlic – 10 Cloves
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 Tea Spoon
- Red Chillies – 5
- Salt – 1 Table Spoon
- Tamarind – 15 grams
- Curry Leaves – Handfull ( you can use as many you like)
- Dry Roast Lentils, Cumin seeds and red chillies separately.
- Allow the ingredients to cool until room temperature
- Blend the roasted ingredients to a coarse paste by adding 1/2 Cup water.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water to it.
- cook this paste in a sauce pan for 10 min stirring continuously.
- Heat the fry pan, take 3 table spoons of sesame oil for seasoning.
- Add Garlic cloves and curry leaves to the Fry Pan.
- Saute it until garlic cloves turn to golden brown and add to the cooked lentil stew.
Serve it with hot boiled rice with Sesame oil. It tastes good with idly, dosa, vada, roti also.