You can use Jaggery instead of sugar to make more authentic and healthy recipe
This can be offered to God at the time of festivals and special occassions.
Serving Tips: Serve it as a semi fluid and use fruits and dry fruits for garnishing.
- Water – 1 Cup
- Milk – 2 Cups
- Rice – 1/2 Cup
- Sugar – 100 grams
- Ghee – 2 Table Spoons
- Cardamom Powder – A Pinch
- Cashew Nuts – 5
- Raisins – 5
- Walnuts – 5
- Almonds – 5
- Take a sauce pan with strong base, and heat it on a low flame.
- Pour 2 table spoons of ghee to the hot pan.
- Add cashew nuts, raisins, walnuts and almonds to the pan, fry until it turns to golden brown and keep aside in a bowl.
- Take one cup of water into the pan and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Add half cup of washed rice to this boiled water and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of milk and 100 grams of jaggery to this semi cooked rice and keep the lid close for 2 minutes.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder and already fried nuts and raisins (In Third Step).
- The delicious sweet from the kitchen of Andhra is now ready to serve.
© 2020 Copyright Andhra Recipes Online